FAQ's about Epoxy Flooring
FAQ’s about polished concrete and resinous floors.
1. Is the topcoat necessary?
A Topcoat is necessary. It protects the body coat from damage and extends the life of the coating. A urethane topcoat adds abrasive resistance, UV resistance and chemical resistance.
2. I want a base coat color other than the ones pictured on your site. Can you custom tint the epoxy?
Yes-Most colors are available. Neon colors and other specialty colors may be more costly.
3. Can this product be used to paint a Formica kitchen countertop or ceramic tile? Seems like if it is tough enough to drive on, it ought to be tough enough for counter use.
Epoxy will not bond to glass or plastic finishes.
4. We have a linoleum (sheet vinyl) floor. It is in good condition physically, but the surface is scratched and dull. Can we apply your product over this existing floor without removing it down to the concrete slab?
If you sand the sheet vinyl, giving the epoxy something to bond to, then yes you can.
5. What is epoxy flooring?
Mixing together epoxies and applicating them to a floor. This can be done in a large number of ways using a large number of aggregates for color, body and strength.
6. How durable are epoxy floors?
A normal warranty on an epoxy floor is 1-5 years.
7. Why does the thickness of the epoxy matter?
The thicker the epoxy, the stronger the floor. It will also add impact resistance.
8. How Long Can A Well-Installed Epoxy Flooring System Last?
A well installed epoxy floor can last 15 years or more!